19 July 2011

Bridesmaids: More Than Who They Are Known For


Eighteen bridesmaids. I know it’s a lot. But that cannot compare with how many ladies wait on a bride in the Jewish times. They prepare with her while her groom is away and while they wait for the [day].

Before, whenever I think of getting married someday, I do not really imagine bridesmaids with me. A maid-of-honor who can do the necessary tasks is enough. Bridesmaids seem to be just decorations and they add up to the payables.

I was wrong.

When I checked the Bible, ladies in waiting are there. And truly, my disciples, closest friends and key leaders, along with my cousins and Gen’s sisters are a few of the girls I consider to be the reason I keep myself pure–next to the expression of loving God. Yes, their primary role is to keep the bride beautiful and pure. And I am blessed to have my bridesmaids–my friends and teammates who inspire me to live large, beautiful and pure.

I love these girls (and the girls I get to inspire–hopefully, marami) and I love journeying with them in the value of womanhood and chastity.

Tonight, we signed the Bridesmaid’s Contract. (Don’t worry, it sides on the fun stuff rather than the serious! =D) It was fun and it keeps me excited to plan the wedding with them. #handsonbridewiththoughtfulbridesmaids

No comments:

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice