27 August 2011

at thirty


Imagining thirty years with Genesis. My, that would be lots of disciples, soaking, children (four?), conferences, businesses, money, giving-money and trips abroad. These could only be real with God’s hands over us.


I sound so inspired, eh? Parents celebrate their pearl wedding anniversary today. We are all overwhelmed at the longevity of their bliss and how fresh they dream of more things to come. They have always been a blessing in every way. And I am just so blessed to be modeled by one marriage so proximate as theirs. I am so glad they made the right decision thirty years ago. And soonest, it will be my turn. I am nervous. Yes, nervous, but not scared.


I wish I could word their love story in detail. The truth is, the more we get deeper on the seeking and preparations, the more I get to know my parents’ story’s sweetest deets. (And I realized, there were resemblances in both tales). Although they were classmates back in Bible School, they have been lovers for three years after graduation. (Okay, we’re not the same on that. Gen and I do not have a boyfriend-girlfriend stage (yes, pwede). We had been praying for (round-off ang 2years and eleven months) three years.) Papa (the shy type) offered to send off Mama (a typical sanguine) at the port. That was surprising for mom. But they were friends, so she didn’t mind. But while there, papa gifted her a book entitled “I Love A Girl.” And that said something. Then there was a more meaty dedication on the inside cover. That could have said it all. He then asked mama to tell her parents that somebody is pursuing her (since he could not visit and talk to them personally at their province in Visayas–long travel, financial issues then–but he was sincere). Summer came, they were posted to pastor different churches in distant provinces. And way back when, imagine the mode of communication–snail mail and very rare telegram. So they had looooooots of loooooong letters. Soon, it was August 26, 1981. #happyhappyhappy

Fast forward three decades.


With how we decided to pursue marriage and how we heard God, will let you know in a different blog entry later. I have the tendency to flow. Let’s halt a bit since I have to hit the sheets already as migraine necessitates. And tomorrow, it’s preaching time at the Re-Encounter. Pray with us. Thanks. =)


*sixth of forty*

No comments:

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice