29 August 2011

national heroes' day

The best thing that could ever happen tonight is spend time with some of the gorgeous friends (more than disciples, they are my friends--sarap!) I know. We headed to Villa De Mercedes and endured the 45-minute travel from the city. And guess what, I was opportuned to serve them by my very skillful driving at 30kph. An accomplishment at that speed, yes!



Arriving at dusk, I thought I needed to check on the person-in-charge by texting her our arrival, I jumped out of the van. Unknowingly, I locked the entire vehicle with the key inside! =( 

We panicked.

We had to call everyone we knew who could possibly bring us the spare key. My, another 45 grueling minutes of waiting. We could not eat. No one could swim. All our stuff were perfectly inside. Suddenly, we were prayerful in hopes of a miracle or a hero. We took out pins. No luck. We checked on possible opened windows. Clear from passages. We were sad. I was guilty. 

Things happened so fast. 

Then came a driver from a family who were also at the resort. He helped us on the quest of opening the vehicle. Nothing happened until he had to go. He was comforted that somebody is bringing us the spare key in another hour or so. Weng, Jing and I were still trying to unlock the back door. But before he left, he checked the driver's seat door and used his own key. Click. Jing's eyes turned bright. She opened the back door!!! =)

No.

The front door was opened. The guy was shocked himself. We sped at him and screamed with joy at his face. He was startled all the more. We were shaking him and thanking him and screaming again! He had a fake smile. He could not believe his key opened the Starex van. Then, we were interested with his name. We got his number (so we could keep contact and invite him to church). And yes, before he finally left, we managed to take a photo with him! Then, somebody from the group told him he's our hero that night. Second to the Lord. We believe it was just a coincidence and an answer from the Lord. Mind you, the key could not open the car when tried again. It's like a once-and-for-all kind of thing. Salvation, ha!

On with the fun night, we they ate dinner. Then off to the pool. Picture perfect chill for the girls, and a hotseat moment for Blessy. How we miss her. The night is sweet.

And then the bridesmaids' meeting. I wish all eighteen are complete. Could be a lot of chaos and fun and sisterhood. #loves But even with the eight that night, they add so much meaning to this wedding.

We envisioned. We made assignments. We had a great family time. 

For a musing, these girls do not know they are heroes to my own heart in my moment of waiting. Being there as disciples help save me from wrong decisions. Of course, the waiting was more about the Lord. But I could never deny the fact that knowing that there are girls behind me is a lot of encouragement and safety for a heart that is also prone to hurt and brokenness.

Thank you, Lord, for disciples, sisters and friends. You are thoughtful, as always. =)

2 comments:

raya said...

where's the guy's photo? hahaha. nice experience doice! visiting here!

pasto♛ej said...

naa pa kay Blessy te. iyahang cam man to. wala pa koy copy. hehehe!

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice