19 October 2011

precious!


Today, we're back doing the errands. We first met with the Welborn family to give them our invitation. This family had been one among the many who welcomed us when we first came to Davao. And since they're in town (they've been residing in the province to manage their beach resort), they wanted to meet Gen. We braved the hard pouring rain and got Gen on a hot seat. Aaww. They scrambled for our baby pics with their children and ha, it's really nostalgic refreshing the moments. 
...
We went to check my gown and it fits well now. Woohoo!
...
And... we finally got our rings. We were sent money (another blessing... grabeh na gyud ang John 1:16... dili na namo ma-explain!) Just enough to pay for the ring's labor. We fit them. And... We love it. Very simple. But we love it. Really soooooo happy! =D =) This is something we would wear forever!
Then, we LBC-ed invitations. While queueing for our turn, I was asking Gen how much my engagement ring cost. Ever since I had it he would never disclose. Tsk. But today I was best-bugger award. We played If-The-Price-Is-Right kind of game. Higher. Higher. Higher. Lower. Higher. 
...
...
...
What? You spent that much on me?
#tears


And it costs much more than our wedding rings combined. 


#tears
(Ayan kasi makulit.)


So many things came into mind as I think about Gen (I almost forgot about the ring). He surprises me many times. And before I went to bed tonight I texted him how much I felt so loved (although I am not the gifts-speaking-love-languager) even beyond the ring. Really thankful that God gave Gen to me. He is someone I would want to know more perpetually everyday.





The Engagement Ring
We were at the back seat of the car after a family dinner. We were four months engaged already and I thought having an engagement ring is not a must-have for us me but a nice-to-have. (Not sure about Gen). When he got here in Davao for the first time, he brought it with him.

Our engagement is a two-piece set. Gen first handed me the first with a very small stone. I already found it cute at that. I was overwhelmed at wearing a symbol of Gen's love. However, I wondered why there's a branch-like extension of the ring. And before I asked, Gen slipped the second-half of the ring. It holds a bigger stone and another small stone on the side. 

He said, "This is me (the small stone on the first ring) and this is God (the bigger stone on the center). He brought you (the small stone beside the bigger one) to me." 


I didn't cry though. I was speechless. I cried later that night on my own in bed. 


God is thoughtful.  Really thoughtful to bring us together.

7 comments:

purethoughts said...

what a sweet post, doice! teary-eyed myself.

angelica said...

Lola...Makahilak ko sa story of the rings...waaahhh...ang sweet ni kuya gen!!!

Aw...hahaha...may nadawatan ko sa imong post lola wej...update na nako ang akong Book of Dreams...jajajja

just said...

wonderful! :)

Crowned_captain said...

wow!that was amazing ate...I always love visiting your blog te coz everytime naa jud ko makuha nga testimony...

pasto♛ej said...

hi crowned_captain =)
thank you! (ikaw ni April?)
God is thoughtful!

Blessy said...

i am thanking God for kuya gen din mom... huhu. The Lord is indeed thoughtful!

Crowned_captain said...

opo ate..hehehe...
my cell love your story (specially sa part sa engagement ring)

Hapit njud te...mwahhh

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice