12 October 2011

one month





Fetched some of the invitations, checked the photobook and the wedding favors... We rushed all these hoping to get back to BCC at 1pm. We failed to make it on time. We then spent the whole afternoon at Palos Verdes with Ate Jingle, Langga, Amor, Arianne and Ate Rhea. We made layouts, gabbed and ate pizza until we get the 4:30, 5:30pm feel of the place. Believe with us that it won't rain, okay? =)
Preparation lessons:
1. Coherent. We want a coherent theme. #vintage (vintage travel, vintage chic, vintage glam - vintage clean and vintage simple! Vintage but not rustic.)
2. DIY. I used to make my school projects on my own (a typical eldest #birthorder) and I believe in Do-It-Yourself weddings. There's too many ideas to glean from on the web and definitely, I would want to have one that's not so generic as I see many weddings around town--10 weddings having the same decorations... DIY weddings are demanding though. And there's this kulba-part if things work or not. I sure hope they do. 
3. Being hands-on. We wanted to be hands-on with the preps. After all, it will be our first and last wedding. I can't just leave things onto someone else. Yes, hands-on but not be-all. I really believe that I don't always have the best ideas. And sure, during the preps, I found very smart and creative ideas from friends. They are real jewels wrapped in skin.
4. Up-to-date. Follow through. Follow sched. 
5. Live within the budget. Brides want the best wedding for themselves and it's tempting to splurge. And when ideas come, learn to sort which of them are most practical, most meaningful or most important to you. It helps keep the safety of the wedding fund.
6. Engage in moments. Although we're set with the wedding event, it's still important to engage in gratitude-moments to the Lord and with loved ones. I am learning to remember family and friends as much as possible and take time to thank them for their presence and loving support. I can't be too absorbed with the event and miss out on people. I also take me-time moments. Gen and I also ask each other even more frequent "how-are-you's?". Ministry is also our core values as well as secular work. Running time, but still keeping up and besting every moment. #asGodenables 

Our days are definitely numbered. In all these, God be praised!

#thankfultohavewillingfriends

2 comments:

Jaynee said...

Ate Rej! I'm very inspired and so blessed, not just to your testimony but from both of you.

Preserve, Pray and Prepare. :)

There's indeed much blessing for those who will wait!! TLW.

God bless you both! ^_^

pasto♛ej said...

hi Jaynee... Thank you kaau... Keep waiting ha? with you in faith, heartness... =)

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice