29 September 2011

farewell




Spent all day editing our invitation and photobook... Plus break times to play with instagram stuff... i still have a life! Haha.

...

And, today, my Nanay Susing went back to the Lord at ninety-two. I only learned it when our youth pastors' meeting was about to start. I left the room and I was overtaken. She is so dear to me. Really, I miss her now.

Nanay Susing is truly an inspiration. She had been among the early Christians here in the south. She was saved when she had her third baby, that was in the 1950's I guess (to do the math: Papaps was born in 1957, he's the youngest of six). Since then, Nanay Susing became a passionate believer: evangelizing everyone she knows. And as a young Christian, she brought a radio with her when she could not share so others could listen. Imagine her doing that from house to house with six munchkins tagging along. She was an inspiration.
I feel so blessed to be a third generation believer. She didn't backslide in 60 years of faith. Nanay fought in faith & finished the race. #tears
...
I actually desired that she could grace the wedding. With that, we moved the venue from Villa de Mercedes to Palos Verdes (although we paid the downpayment already) so tht she would not find it hard to walk on stairs. The last time we saw each other (and another moment when Ate Grace wed), she promised me she would be there when I walk the aisle.

#tears

I miss her. I miss her singing. I miss her long prayers. I miss asking her questions on long drives during reunion. And I miss blushing when I couldn't answer hers (she asked if I had a boyfriend). And so do I miss her excited look when she asked me to sing at my cousin's wedding--the first and only time--si Nanay ang nakadiscover sa ako!

Sigh.

But I delight, however, that she now sits with Jesus and the Father. I will one day see her again--and tell her about my wedding and kids.

...

This grieving moment, too, shall pass.

...

ps: pls pray for our papaps, too. thanku.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


2 comments:

purethoughts said...

i am so sorry about your loss, Doice. But she is definitely heaven's gain!! I admire her faith.. makes us be inspired all the more to go on and produce a godly generation. Hugs!

pastowej said...

thank you, Ate Raya.... thank you gyud...

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice