06 September 2011

no bridal shower for me



I easily fell in love with this chic cake. And I honestly mull over having something like this for the bridal shower. I actually sent this pic to a dear cake-maker, Ms. Novie Tacugue, and she, too, loved every bit of it. Who wouldn't be?
Nonetheless, since I decided not to have a bridal shower--an intimate event with friends where they shower you gifts--those that are actually extra intimate--we have to forego this piece of sweetness. Realizing that I would have more of a despedida-de-soltera night---where you bid farewell to singlness, it's better to come up with something that is purposeful but still fun, inclusive rather than exclusive.
With one reason in mind, I can surely attest, I want to end a season with worship, in worship to God for blessing me richly lived single years. I have so much to say. I have so many stories to tell. And yes, so many learnings to detail. All these things point to one thing--one accummulated loud praise to my Creator and King. Definitely, one night will not suffice. I might as well write a book, noh? 
I love the season of singleness. If only I can extend it. But they say, you can't overstay in one place and still have the fullest measure of the next phase for they are not impenetrable. I have to be found ready and able at the time I am expected to. So, here I am, Lord.
Since Gen share the same heart, and wants to do the same, we have realized we needed to throw a simple engagement party together when he arrives. Although we have been engaged since February, this is no longer an event to announce it, but more appropriately said, it is to seal one season and gift from God that we have truly enjoyed. At best, we can both express our gratitude to friends who have encouraged us to go through the process in worship, obedience, purity and full faith. It can also be a time to share our love story to the young people in church and leak to them our treasured lessons. In our little way, we hope in God, that His work in us will further in everyone their commitment to Him.


This is a precedence...
I can see that many more committed young people are soon to be wed.
Praises!

4 comments:

Blessy said...

=)

pastowej said...

Hi bleng =)

Royal Daughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aprilc said...

Amen te.When will that be?hope i will be there...I want to hear the testimony...:)

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice