01 September 2011

peaceful chaos






[Today, I got Gen this mag. After all, it's his wedding, too!]

Part of being a bride in advent is managing all the things needed done. Well, that's what one pays for being too hands-on (Actually, I once battled the idea of getting a wedding planner/coordinator. And at some point, I emailed prominent and budding ones in the city. They're somewhere in between cheap and expensive. Affordable at the rate you want to get--thank God for the gift of haggling. But I thought to myself, they will only create either something too bonggacious that the wedding's not [about the couple] anymore aside from the color scheme; something that's about their creativity rather than your personality; or too bland if there are things you want to put but can longer be produced in the place you're in. I still admire them. But I can't let any of them rob me of the opportunity to be the bride--aside from being the one wearing white.  And since, there's no perfect wedding--but a dream wedding!--I opted going hard core in the research and the envisioning of what we wanted to see and not-see on that day whilst welcoming warm help of ideas and manpower from friends and family. With what could possibly happen come November Twelve, I could not be any happier at the thought of being staunchly devoted and involved in the input and output of things--yes, despite possible glitches. Right now, I just feel blessed to serve a wedding of God's writing. It just so happened that the bride is--I.) 


OTHER THOUGHTS
To everyone getting married, or planning to to marry someday, lemme tell you that the engagement season is not just about kilig. As they say, If you have to face circumstances, face them. Logic for pretty girls? You bet.


Engagement is stressful whether you like it or not. Since it is a season to transition to a different life (of both long seasons--singleness and married life), new things require adjustment, and adjustment is a stress--that inner push, pull, twist and stretch inside your heart and mind. Imagine having too long engagement (more than a year), you can't spare yourself from the much needed adjustment with having a another family, your grown family and starting a family; your finance, a new home, domestic life, ministry, upcoming trips and the possibility of getting children. They cloud the bride's heart and mind as she must be responsible enough to expect these things. How I wish somebody detailed all these areas to me. My heart screams I need a discipler-bride! Heaven, please! (And since, I am not sure I'm having one except having lots of those tidbit-advices, I am now entertaining the idea that, perhaps I have a calling to disciple future brides!)


Doubtlessly, here we are in a perfect situation to finding, chanelling and creating peace


Philippians 4:6-7 says: Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. 


Therefore, peace I receive today: eleventh of forty. At this moment of preparation, all the more I found family, friends, rest, confidence, company; and more distinctly, a very faithful groom and an even more faithful God. It's good to be submerged in a season such as this for God to tell me that He is real, and His peace truly transcends all that I cannot bear and comprehend on my own.

No comments:

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice