08 September 2011

I'm taking a break from the layouting task I asked myself to do. Doing the invitation is not easy. But to say the least, we are actually having fun. This is something so-me-and-the-groom at the wedding. At least, we have one theme to focus on. This should stop us from entertaining other equally great ideas we see in the internet. What we're being challenged more is the text part.
While being spontaneous, I talk a halt (Gen left for some errand---yes, online collaboration) as I face the dilemma of whether to include the note on the matter of gifts. Although we would welcome house necessities as presents, Gen and I are soon leaving for Luzon to start ministry there. We need to lessen the stuff to pack. And being certain with that, and as per advised by closest friends, we need to note that we prefer monetary gifts.  And since we are not including the traditional money dance, it somehow fair enough to slip envelopes in the invitations. At least, it will keep the amount a secret. It seems like we are doing our guests a favor already, right?
So as I was trying to find a spot for this matter, I rushed to Google for help. Invitation experts (yes, this phrase was there, I actually didn't know there are those kinds of professionals) say that although guests would usually bring gifts, giving presents is optional; and it is rather unethical to even mention them in invitations.
So,what do you think?
And I'm now happy for being rid with the challenge keying-in the kindest words so that we won't sound uncouth and too bold. The guests are free to bring presents. And as for ourselves, we are already very, very delighted of the truth that God has gifted us to each other for a lifetime. 
God is thoughtful. This is a perpetual musing in my heart.

No comments:

heart to heart

Followers

Contributors

Genesis+Rejoice

Genesis+Rejoice